How to maximize your workout performance? All you need to know for a more efficient workout!
How does it feel that you had time to fit in a workout in the busy days, and some of them are so awful that you’ve wasted your time for nothing? Exercising regularly can benefit your body. It slows the aging process, enhances your body functions and speeds your metabolism. However, if you don’t exercise properly, it won’t help much. A few changes to your plan can give you a more rewarding workout. These simple tips can make your workout more efficacious and your time practical!
- Your nutritional regime plays an important role. What you eat before working out is essential and can improve the performance of your training. Your body acquires the energy it needs to function from carbohydrates. Therefore, they are crucial to consume before training. Make sure to add carbs with a low glycemic index as it will provide your body with energy rather than surge your blood sugar. Certain examples of ideal foods are whole grains, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and non-starchy fruits (such as bananas) High-fat meals reduce the blood flow to muscles for up to four hours. Avoid foods that are high in fat and packaged food.
- Drinking water before the workout is crucial as well. A new study in Sports Medicine finds dehydration can zap your strength (by 2 percent), power (by 3 percent) and high-intensity endurance (by ten percent) during a workout. Water hydrates your body, boosts your metabolism and gets rid of the toxins in the body. An ideal amount would be eighteen ounces.
- Green salads are a good source of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. The complex carbs also provide the body with an everlasting energy. Forty-five minutes before hitting the gym, eat a bowl of veggies, or even better, mix it with your protein to make a smoothie!
- Consuming protein is important as well as it gives energy and stimulates a bigger muscle recovery. A light protein shakes 30 minutes before working out would do the trick!
- Warming-up should be necessary before every workout. It increases your blood flow and loosens the joint, thus prevents injuries. A ten-minute workout at the beginning is the key to no broken bones!
- A little supplement never hurt anybody. Pre-workouts increase the focus as well as blood flow and elevate your performance. Many supplements contain ingredients such as caffeine, beta-alanine, creatine and other amino acids. Be careful as some supplements can be harmful in big doses! You can know more about supplements in our article: “Muscle building stack”
- Water during your workout is indispensable. As your body sweats, it loses all its water along with electrolytes. Dehydration can in cause affect your workout performance, resulting in a poor workout.
- Why use exercises that stretch one muscle when you can stretch more? That’s the beauty of compound exercises. Adding them to your routine will stretch several muscles from different parts of the body. You’ll use your time wisely!
- Add more intensity to your workout, whether it’s a higher incline or a higher body weight. It pushes your body into putting more effort.
- After 90 minutes of moderate exercise, coconut water is a suitable way to hydrate yourself and replenish. It is a natural source of five electrolytes (calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium). It contains twice as many electrolytes as a traditional sports drink. In addition, it contains vitamins and minerals and is a low sugar alternative.
- Consuming protein after an intense workout is important as well. Protein is made of amino acids which promote faster muscle repair and growth. Providing such will lead to a faster recovery.
- Stretching after a workout has great value. It helps minimize muscle fatigue and regenerate faster. A few minutes of stretching offers a great flexibility that enables the joint to do certain types of moves. Waste is also discarded quicker. Why not add a few stretching exercises to a routine for good flexibility?
Following this advice will enable you to achieve the body of your dreams as well as a healthy lifestyle in no time! What are you waiting for?
Also, check out our post “Integrate outdoor activities to your diet regime” !